Baby Loves Montessori

I rotate all of Logan's material for two reasons.  One: I just don't have enough space for everything to be out all of the time.  Two: Our work is always available and I don't want to have to harp on everyone to put away all of the pieces, all of the time.  He always has 2-3 different Montessori themed works out and I keep the rest in a shelf in a closet.  Well last week the closet door got left open and Logan decided he wanted to change to a new work.  He took this out of the closet, brought it out to the living room, and spent about a half an hour joyfully inserting that little green prism again and again.  I was lucky enough to catch a little bit of his focus on camera to remember!  I love the open mouth as he puts the prism in.

P9265386

P9265388

P9265387

For information on a quick DIY version of this work, click here to see the box my husband made when our daughter was Logan's age (scroll down, the box is project #2).

Montessori Monday

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing.

Monkey Toes Montessori (Jodi Pollack) said...

How old is your Logan? I also have a Logan who is 8 months old! He loves all of his Montessori toys the best! He has just figured out how to put he ball through the hole in the object permanence box. He spends quite a bit of time doing this. what other Montessori activities do you do with him?

Heidi said...

Jodi- My Logan is 16 months. Many of our other Montessori activities are archived on my blog. If you click on Homeschool there is an option to browse all of our infant/toddler activities!

melissa said...

I love his facial expressions! The joy in discovering something new at this age is a beautiful thing! :)

Amanda said...

Wow! I think my little girl would really like this-- I'm so excited to try a DIY version! I'm going to browse through to try to find some other good ideas for my 1 year old. Thanks for sharing!

Deb Chitwood said...

What adorable photos - LOVE the concentration! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your infant and toddler posts at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow